Collemattoni takes its name from the farmhouse, which, over time, has become the trademark of our winery and of our wines. The farmhouse dates back to at least 1672, year in which it is registered in the parish archives as a family home.
Collemattoni is located on a hill top on the south side of the municipal area of Montalcino, just a short distance from the village of Sant’Angelo in Colle.
The first record of the Bucci family dates to 1798 with Giuseppe Bucci « Zappaterra» (Digger), head of a large family.
Today, the estate is run by Marcello Bucci with the support of his parents Ado and Vera as well as uncle Franco. The philosophy of the winery allows for technology but in a style that comes from belonging to the place.
In 2012 Collemattoni has obtained the organic certification and everything is done in the full respect of the environment.
Thanks to the presence of a biomass fuelled heating system and solar panels, we are able to produce the 80% of the electricity needed at the winery.